Friday 26 February 2010

Main Task, task 18, Evaluation Question 2

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?







(a picture of a crowd at a gig which is a likely place for 'indie' social groups to be)

My media product represents the ‘indie’ social group firstly because of the model I used for my front cover image as he complies with the ‘indie’ stereotype this is evident through the clothes that he is wearing, as they are typical ‘indie’ style clothing. Moreover, the style, layout and structure of my magazine are similar to that of other music magazines of the same genre such as NME and Q. Also, my product conforms to the ‘indie’ social group as the content and the bands used for the content anchor the style of music and the kind of bands that the audience listen to. Furthermore, the cover lines I have chosen to use such as ‘Bored of Battered Britain Jamie T leaves these shores for the USA’ imply that the audience will understand what this means, this is because Jamie T is a famous ‘indie’ artist and the audience will more than likely know who he is and understand the story behind the cover line.

No comments:

Post a Comment